Baby Food Recipes – Making Homemade Baby Food
Making baby food at home is a great way to ensure your baby stays healthy and fit. Homemade baby food is fresher, more nutritious, and tastier than the commercial grade food that is found in stores. You may think that the process of making your own food for babies is tedious and hard, but by following some simple recipes you can make the experience easy and enjoyable.
When you make your own food for babies, you guarantee quality nutrition for your young one. In addition, the wholesome food you make does NOT contain the harmful additives, preservatives, and colorants that are present in commercial foods. Homemade baby food helps start your child off on a strong foot with a healthy immune system that is powered by a sturdy nutritional diet.
If you are a novice at making foods for your young one at home, here are a few tips:
• Follow a recipe
• Buy fresh organic ingredients
• Make sure your work area is extremely clean
• Thoroughly wash your hands before starting
• Make the food once a week in bulk to save time and energy
• Separate the bulk supply of the food into ice trays and place them in your freezer
• Once the food cubes freeze you can place them into an air-tight freezer bag
• Take a frozen cube of baby food out of the freezer bag a day before you plan to serve it
• Do not reheat the food more than once
• Keep track of the date you made the recipes by labeling the freezer bags with tape
• Start your child on fruit and veggie recipes before trying any recipes with meat
• Do NOT keep half eaten baby food (the saliva from the baby’s spoon will help breed bacteria)
• Start your baby on new foods slowly so you can test for allergic reactions
Now that you have an idea of what steps you need to take to ensure that you will make some great baby food recipes, you will need to find a resource that contains a variety of recipes for you to try. There are several websites that contain recipes on the internet but few of them contain any variety. The good news is that you can find a variety of baby food recipes by clicking in the link in the author’s resource box below. It will take you to a website that contains over 200+ recipes all in one place and you can try them all for FREE. Be sure to visit and share the site with your friends and family.