Samsung Galaxy S10 : The Great Balance
Want all the benefit of a flagship smartphone including a great camera but without the biggest screen possible? The Samsung Galaxy S10 is the ideal choice. Slightly smaller than its bigger brother, it’s got the same three cameras so you’ll be able to snap great pics both during the day and at night, and can even can play video in UltraHD making it great for watching movies and TV shows. The smaller screen and slightly reduced battery life mean it’s £100 cheaper too. We did find the front camera, which sits to the top right of the screen, slightly ruins the experience when watching movies and TV shows. But aside from that, it’s a great smartphone.
- Ease of use: 4.8/5
- Design: 5/5
- Instructions: 4/5
- Performance: 4.4/5
- It has both Google Assistant and Samsung’s own assistant Bixby
- The phone doubles as a wireless charger and can be used to power up any Qi-enabled smartphone, as well as some wireless accessories such as headphones!
- The screen is easy to see even in bright sunlight
- The camera can take ultra wide angle photos – great for capturing scenery – and professional-style shots where the background is blurred and the subject in focus
We Didn’t Like
- There’s no percentage on the battery level, which makes it hard to judge how much battery life is left in the phone
- Those with smaller hands will find it’s easy to accidentally cover the camera lens with their finger when holding the phone, leaving it smudged
- While there is a night mode designed for improving photos taken in low light, you can’t manually switch this on, the phone itself decides when it’s appropriate